Friends of Ruskin Park have announced that, following public consultation in June and July, playground refurbishment works will begin on the 18th September and last for approximately 12 weeks. Lambeth Council will be responsible for these works.
Some small design changes have been made in response to feedback.
The Lambeth statement reads:
“The new playground will feature all new exciting and challenging play equipment, safety surfacing, interactive and imaginative play for all ages and abilities.
Following public consultation during June and July the design has been revised to:
- include a replacement for the very popular trampoline
- install additional benches (including some with backs)
- incorporate more natural materials (including wooden benches
- incorporate planting for shade around the perimeter
- reuse equipment at other sites where possible.
We also received positive feedback on the proposals for the landscaping in front of the kiosk and eastern entrance. There will be a further update when these proposals have been finalised.
If you have any questions please contact project manager Rob Kelly .”